Grilling center cut filet mignon is a great way to enjoy a delicious steak dinner. This cut of steak is known for its tenderness and flavor, and when cooked correctly, it can be a truly memorable meal. Grilling center cut filet mignon is not difficult, but there are a few tips and tricks that will help you get the most out of your steak. In this guide, we will discuss the best way to prepare and cook center cut filet mignon on the grill, as well as provide some helpful tips for getting the perfect steak.
Step-by-Step Guide to Grilling the Perfect Center Cut Filet Mignon
Grilling the perfect center cut filet mignon is a simple process that requires a few basic steps. Follow this guide to ensure that your steak is cooked to perfection.
1. Start by preheating your grill to a medium-high heat.
2. Pat the steak dry with a paper towel and season it generously with salt and pepper.
3. Place the steak on the preheated grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, flipping once.
4. After flipping the steak, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the steak.
5. When the thermometer reads 130°F, remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes.
6. Slice the steak and serve.
By following these steps, you can be sure that your center cut filet mignon will be cooked to perfection. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for Grilling Center Cut Filet Mignon to Perfection
1. Start with a high-quality cut of filet mignon. Look for a center cut filet mignon that is at least 1.5 inches thick.
2. Preheat your grill to a medium-high heat. This will ensure that the steak cooks evenly and quickly.
3. Season the steak with salt and pepper. You can also add other seasonings, such as garlic powder, onion powder, or paprika, to give the steak more flavor.
4. Place the steak on the preheated grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side. This will give you a medium-rare steak. If you prefer your steak more well-done, cook for an additional minute or two per side.
5. Use tongs to flip the steak, as a fork will puncture the steak and cause it to lose its juices.
6. Once the steak is cooked to your desired doneness, remove it from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute throughout the steak.
7. Serve the steak with your favorite sides and enjoy!
The Best Marinades and Rubs for Grilling Center Cut Filet Mignon
Marinating and rubbing your center cut filet mignon before grilling is a great way to add flavor and tenderness to the steak. Here are some of the best marinades and rubs to use for grilling center cut filet mignon.
A classic marinade for filet mignon is a combination of olive oil, garlic, rosemary, and thyme. This marinade will add a savory flavor to the steak and help to tenderize it. For a more complex flavor, try a red wine marinade. This marinade is made with red wine, garlic, shallots, and herbs such as rosemary and thyme.
A simple rub for filet mignon is a combination of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. This rub will add a savory flavor to the steak and help to create a nice crust on the outside. For a more complex flavor, try a coffee rub. This rub is made with ground coffee, brown sugar, garlic powder, and herbs such as rosemary and thyme.
No matter which marinade or rub you choose, make sure to let the steak marinate or sit with the rub for at least an hour before grilling. This will help to ensure that the flavors have time to penetrate the steak and give you the best results.
Q: What is the best way to cook a center cut filet mignon?
A: The best way to cook a center cut filet mignon is to grill it over medium-high heat. Start by seasoning the steak with salt and pepper, then place it on the preheated grill. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. Let the steak rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Q: What temperature should I grill my center cut filet mignon?
A: The ideal temperature for grilling a center cut filet mignon is medium-high heat. This will ensure that the steak cooks evenly and reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
Q: How long should I grill my center cut filet mignon?
A: The cooking time for a center cut filet mignon will depend on the thickness of the steak. Generally, you should cook the steak for 4-5 minutes per side, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
Grilling center cut filet mignon is a great way to enjoy a delicious steak dinner. With the right preparation and cooking techniques, you can create a juicy, flavorful steak that will be the star of your meal. Whether you choose to season your steak with a simple salt and pepper rub or a more complex marinade, the key is to cook it over medium-high heat and to not overcook it. With a little practice, you can master the art of grilling center cut filet mignon and enjoy a delicious steak dinner every time.